Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?
Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?
If your goal is to build muscle, should you simply eat more calories, or do you need to carefully track your protein, carbs, and fats? Many people hit their calorie target every day but still struggle to gain quality muscle, while others obsess over macros and wonder if it's even necessary.
Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?
I focus on calories first then make sure I hit enough protein every day
Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?
Macros work better for me because I feel stronger when my protein and carbs stay consistent
Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?
I just eat in a calorie surplus and everything else falls into place
Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?
I think both matter but protein is the one thing I never skip
Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?
Calories help you gain weight but macros help you gain better quality muscle
Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?
I use macros because I want to gain muscle without adding too much fat
Re: Should You Bulk by Calories or Macros?
As long as I eat enough protein I do not stress over the rest