How Can You Reduce Food Waste During Weekly Meal Prep?

Easy and nutritious recipes from members around the world.

Image
Post Reply
titem
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2026 5:40 pm

How Can You Reduce Food Waste During Weekly Meal Prep?

Post by titem »

How Can You Reduce Food Waste During Weekly Meal Prep?
kagid
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2026 5:45 pm

Re: How Can You Reduce Food Waste During Weekly Meal Prep?

Post by kagid »

I usually plan the meals before buying anything so I do not end up with random ingredients sitting in the fridge
jiyap
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: How Can You Reduce Food Waste During Weekly Meal Prep?

Post by jiyap »

I try to build several meals around the same ingredients instead of buying completely different things for every meal
raroxe
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:41 pm

Re: How Can You Reduce Food Waste During Weekly Meal Prep?

Post by raroxe »

Freezing extra portions is probably the easiest way I have found to stop food from going bad
xidh
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:40 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How Can You Reduce Food Waste During Weekly Meal Prep?

Post by xidh »

check my fridge before going grocery shopping because I used to keep buying things I already had
mejihe
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2026 5:24 pm

Re: How Can You Reduce Food Waste During Weekly Meal Prep?

Post by mejihe »

Cooking smaller batches makes sense if you are not sure how much food you will actually eat
javona
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 11:07 am

Re: How Can You Reduce Food Waste During Weekly Meal Prep?

Post by javona »

I keep vegetables that need to be used first at the front of the fridge so I remember them
firat
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:20 am

Re: How Can You Reduce Food Waste During Weekly Meal Prep?

Post by firat »

Meal prepping does not mean you have to cook seven identical meals at once
mitim
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 8:13 am

Re: How Can You Reduce Food Waste During Weekly Meal Prep?

Post by mitim »

Using one ingredient in multiple recipes is a simple way to finish everything you buy
Post Reply